Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

February 21, 2013

Sequence Word Posters

My teammates and I have been teaching writing this year, using the 6+1 Writing Traits curriculum. I  taught the traits (what seems like) many moons ago when I taught first grade for the very first time. Then, our county moved to the Craft Plus writing curriculum for several years. This year, we are using both programs, and I can honestly say that I can see the benefits of both. I like the language that 6+1 consistently uses, and I appreciate the way the daily lessons are presented in Craft Plus. Regardless, whatever we're doing seems to be working because our students' writing is out of this world this year!

At the beginning of the third quarter, we introduced the Organization trait. We talked about the importance of using sequence words when organizing our writing. Today, the students were writing about a place that they have visited and would like to visit again (and why). Several of my children asked me to write sequence words on the board for them to refer to as they were writing. I told them I would create posters for them to use instead. So, here they are!


I am selling them on my TPT store for $1.00, but I'll send them FREE to the first 2 people to leave a comment and email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment