Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

February 10, 2013

100th Day Fun!

Friday was our 100th day of school (and as Femster pointed out, only 80 more to go!). The students were allowed to dress like they are 100 years old, and the little guy below outdid himself!

Honestly, this getup kind of unnerved me!

Then, there were the teachers who got in on the act...

I can see these two shaking up the old folks' home already!

This week, I'm looking forward to celebrating Valentine's Day in a low key way. We didn't invite parents, which always reduces the stress and chaos. The kids made their Valentine's Day bags on Friday afternoon, and they look so stinkin' cute, (thanks to Cheri fonts, red lunch bags from Target, and heart foam stickers)! I'll have to take a pic. I plan to have my kiddos complete A Cupcake for the Teacher's "Love Is..." writing activity. Her ideas are so adorable!


Friday is an early dismissal day, and as tedious as professional development meetings can sometimes be, I'm excited to have the chance to sit down for a few hours! And, of course, I am super pumped for a three-day weekend. Who isn't?

Princess A and Deedle were up early on Saturday morning, playing quietly (which always makes me suspicious). When I checked on them, I found that they had plastered their bedroom doors with "Keep Out!" signs. The irony was that they were helping each other make the signs!

Princess A's creation: "Keep Out. Alice. No JD."

I ran today for the first time in almost three weeks in an effort to shed the funk I've been in  lately. The run, a hot shower, and a quick nap helped. I ran five miles (the longest I've ever run!), and I thought I was going to die toward the end! It felt so good, though, to get some "me" time and some exercise. I am going to try to make running a priority again, like I did during the warmer months, and I'd like to get at least one mid-week run in so I'll be ready to run the 5K (or even 10K) in St. Michaels in May (SpurDog? Femster? Poodle? Are you with me?). I am counting the days until the time change kicks in!

3 comments:

  1. If I can get out of my own way with regards to school,then I'm with you. My fat butt could use the exercise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so holding you to it! It will be fun...there is beer at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's right! Mmmmm...beer. I just need to spend a little more time in A & P; that'll scare you thin! And I've got a really healthy friend in the class who's going to be be a good motivator. Now to find my own motivation....

    ReplyDelete