Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

February 22, 2013

Five for Friday

Disclaimer:
Tired people shouldn't blog. More importantly, tired people shouldn't attempt to link up with other blogs. I totally screwed up my link to Doodle Bugs linky party, so I apologize in advance if anyone got the run-around! 
 
I love Doodle Bugs Five for Friday linky party...always a good time!



1. I have had a red-letter week when it comes to cooking. My week began when I won rave reviews from the fam for the Pistachio-Crusted Quick Greek Chicken, and it ended this evening with a very successful Southwestern Chicken and Rice Skillet. Yum!

2. My kiddos at school have been all about writing this week. I am constantly impressed by what they are able to turn out. Today, I gave them the opportunity to share the writing that they have been working on for the past two days. I realized that I needed an "Author's Chair" sign for my rocking chair if I'm going to continue to give my firsties the chance to read their writing aloud, so I created this:


Click on the pic above to grab your own copy from Google Docs!
Clearly, I am currently obsessed with red polka dots. 

3. My new pair of sunglasses arrived in the mail from Zenni Optical. I can't decide if I love them, or if they look a little too much like the glasses that older people wear after cataract surgery. Either way, for a whopping $16, I can't go wrong!

4. I took Jennifer's advice over at First Grade Blue Skies, and I organized my fonts on Monday (while I should have been planning for the week...oops!). So helpful!

 This is only one page...there are more, believe me!

5. Thursday was Jumprope for Heart at our school. I had to get in on the jumproping fun. Sadly, SpurDog's camera wouldn't take quality action shots, though, so I had to pose for a few, like the one below:

 I am such an athlete. Can't you tell?
I look like a top-heavy flamingo. But, hey, I had fun!  

That's my crazy week! Thankfully, my week just came to a close with a big, sloppy kiss on the cheek from my littlest guy and an "I love you, Mama." Can't ask for much more...

3 comments:

  1. I'm coming to your house for dinner!! Those look like two really good recipes!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch what you say about us old folks and our cataract sunglasses:)

    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to check out those receipes, sound yummy. I am your newest follower.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete