Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

February 2, 2013

Five for Friday (Saturday Edition)

I'm linking up with Kacey over at Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday linky party.
Here are five (totally random!) things from my week.

1. While it was snowing yesterday, I got inspired to do a little baking. There is nothing better on a cold, blustery, winter day than a batch of freshly baked pumpkin muffins!

Please ignore the state of my oven. I hate cleaning my oven (therefore, I try not to do it very often!).

2. My glasses finally came from Zenni Optical! (I may or may not have made my children wait to go to their sleepover until the mailman came...I am so mean!) I am officially hooked on Zenni. You can't beat two pairs of prescription glasses for less than $25.  Up next? Sunglasses!

 Check out that ridiculous hair!

3. KShaf is in Pennsylvania for his Aunt A and Uncle D's 50th wedding anniversary (!!!) dinner. The only wrinkle in his plan? He was hit with the stomach bug on his way there, so it took him more than 24 hours to reach his aunt and uncle's house. I felt awful that he was so sick and by himself in a $49-a-night hotel room. My guilt, however, did not stop me from doing a little shopping for the kidlets and me after work on Thursday.
What girl doesn't want a pair of silver, sparkly faux-Uggs?
These shoes crack me up...and Deedle loves them!
I didn't necessarily need another pair of Minnetonkas, but I heart my brown pair so much, I had to get a gray pair, too.

4. My mom has been wanting to get Princess A and GBear (my niece) together for a sleepover at Gram and Pop Pop's for awhile now. The girls are less than a year apart and have been the best of friends since birth. So, since KShaf is away for the weekend, we decided that it would be a great time to finally have a sleepover.  The girls had a big dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread, followed by brownie cupcakes. After changing into their jammies, they headed downstairs to watch a movie and eat popcorn. They didn't make it to bed until 9:30, but they went right to sleep, and when we went in to check on them, they were asleep in the same bed! So doggone cute.

Love the bedhead.

5. Yesterday, my class was supposed to go on a field trip here to see Queen Nur: Sweet Potato Pie and Such in celebration of Black History Month. I had planned to have my firsties work on Heather's adorable groundhog-related (FREE!!) math activities when we returned from our field trip. I had also planned to teach this Groundhog Day Smart Board lesson:

 I originally found this lesson on Smart Exchange, and I tweaked it a bit to meet my needs.
Click on the pic to grab your own copy from Google Docs!

Then, I created this writing page to accompany the lesson:

Grab yourself a copy!
Hey, if I can't use it, hopefully, you can! Drop me a comment if you're able to use any of these documents.

Happy Saturday! Stay warm...

2 comments:

  1. And the muffins were yummy and GBear had a lot of fun. She announced on the way home that she wanted to have a sleepover at YOUR house tonight. :-) This is when you're glad I have the choir gig and have to be home on Sunday mornings. We'll definitely have to so it again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those shiny silver boots! I have a little someone in my house that would love them.

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete