Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

December 23, 2012

I Am Lost...Without My Laptop Charger

Clearly, someone doesn't want me using technology over the holiday break. An hour into our drive to Pennsylvania, both KShaf and I realized that we had forgotten our laptop chargers. Catastrophe! Then, KShaf had the brilliant idea to stop at the Apple store in Pittsburgh. We found ourselves in a cute, artsy area of Pittsburgh...so artsy, in fact, that when we wandered into a quirky little coffee shop for a caffeine pick-me-up, all of the patrons stopped their conversations and looked at us, as if to say, "Children? Really? You're bringing children in here?" KShaf took my laptop into the Apple store and asked for a charger to fit it. Five minutes and $88 (say what???) later, we were back on the road and hurrying to make it to KShaf's family's house before the snow really started coming down. I sat down yesterday afternoon to blog in earnest, only to discover that the charger that KShaf was handed at the Apple store doesn't fit my flippin' laptop. I stopped myself from uttering some really colorful expletives in Aunt A's lovely house, but I was some kind of frustrated; I had really been looking forward to blogging and creating some things to add to my TPT store. The silver lining is that the charger (that we went out of our way to buy...clearly, I'm not still bitter) does fit KShaf's laptop, so I am able to get some things done, after all.

Princess A is fighting a nasty virus. When we left home on Thursday, she just had a nagging cough. By last night, she was running a 103.9 degree fever. She fell asleep on the couch at 5:30 and spent the next three hours, alternately shivering and sweating. We finally got her settled down for good by 8:30, but she was up and down several times during the night. We know she's really not feeling well when she doesn't ask (500 times a day) to go to Grandma's to ride her horses; she has been looking forward to doing that since we last visited Pennsylvania over the summer. We had planned to make our annual trek  here to see the Christmas tree display, but as I'm typing this, Princess A is running a 102 fever again. KShaf and I have briefly entertained the idea of taking her to the local ER to make sure that she doesn't have flu/strep/ear infection. If this fever doesn't break soon, we might need to. I feel so sorry for her; what a bummer to be sick at Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment