Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

December 29, 2012

Best Laid Plans

I had every intention of going to Target later this morning to pick up a few things with the gift cards I received from my family for Christmas. But it is cold and rainy, and all I want to do for the rest of the day is snuggle up in my PJs and make comfort food (like the cheesy ham and potato bake that I'm planning to make as a means of using up the leftover spiral ham I made about a week ago).

We had a great second Christmas with my family yesterday. We ate a delicious dinner of ham, baked potatoes, and green beans, followed by birthday cake (Happy Birthday, Mom!). The kids opened presents in front of a roaring fire and then disappeared for the rest of the evening to play with their new toys. As you can probably tell from the pic below, Princess A's new doll and horse (named, respectively, Rose and Ruby) were a huge hit, and Deedle made me go out the KShaf's truck before the sun came up this morning to retrieve his new bulldozer (that makes sounds and moves by itself...thanks, Mom and Dad!).


I got a text from our daycare provider yesterday that her sewage pipe burst, and as a result, she will be closed on Wednesday (my first day back to work after the winter break). I'll be taking a personal day, and I'm planning to have my sub teach The Gingerbread Man lesson that I never got to before the break.

Off to put my PJs back on!

P.S. Thanks, SpurDog, for motivating me to get the Desk Fairy phenomenon started in my classroom after the start of the new year! I found some adorable freebies on TPT, like this one!

1 comment:

  1. I am just getting caught up on your blog. I am glad you are having a nice break! :-)

    ReplyDelete