Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

December 28, 2012

Christmas Redux

Last night, I made Iowa Girl Eats' recipe for Skillet Chili Mac and Cheese, and it was fantastic! Sadly, Deedle didn't have much of an appetite, so he ate toast and applesauce instead (much to Princess A's indignation). But KShaf and I loved it! I'll definitely be making this again.


One of my favorite gifts this Christmas was from my sister-in-law, Heather. Heather was a teacher for many years in Texas and New Jersey (her husband was in the Air Force, so they moved around a lot), but she and her family recently relocated to Pennsylvania to be closer to KShaf's fam. She decided to take a break from teaching, and she started her own scented candle and tart business. I am a huge fan of anything that makes my house smell warm, comfy, and snuggly, and Heather's candles do just that! Check her out on Facebook!


Another holiday favorite? KShaf's Aunt A and Uncle D gave me an insanely generous gift card to Old Navy, so yesterday, I took Princess A to the outlets to do a little post-holiday shopping. I found some ridiculously good deals!



KShaf outdid himself this year and bought me a pair of medium-sized pearl studs. I love them! Now, my earlobes won't turn a sickly shade of green from the cheap Target faux-pearl earrings I've been wearing for the past 6 months!

But the best gift of all? Hearing Deedle sing "Silent Night" at the top of his little lungs in church on Christmas Eve, while gripping his lit candle (there were several scary moments when I thought he was going to singe my eyebrows, but, thankfully, I came out of the experience unscathed). There was something about hearing his sweet, innocent three year-old voice singing that particular Christmas carol that brought tears to my eyes. Was it pride? Maybe. But, more likely, I think I was feeling enormously grateful that I had the opportunity to share Christmas with my little babes, and there are 20 families in Connecticut that won't have that chance again.

In a few hours, we'll be heading to C-town to celebrate Christmas with my family. I'm looking forward to sitting around in my Minnetonka slippers and drinking red wine in front of the fire, while the kids tear through even more presents. Merry Christmas, Part Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment