Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I woke up  at 4:45 this morning to a little voice, asking, "Mommy? Is it Turkey Day ? Can we go to Gram and Pop Pop's now?"

Last night, we went here for dinner. That's the last time we let Deedle choose where we go to eat (the boy has some expensive taste in food)! We enjoyed a pre-Thanksgiving meal of prime rib and lobster ravioli, followed by the most decadent brownie sundae I've ever had.

Over dinner, KShaf asked what I was planning to take to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. I told him maple sweet potatoes, green beans with pine nuts, and pumpkin pie bites. By the look on his face, you would have thought I'd said I'd be bringing pickled pig tongues and monkey toes. He was not amused that I wasn't planning to bring his favorite tried-and-true green bean casserole (the man is a sucker for any food that comes out of a box). So, this morning, after my failed attempt to make pumpkin pie bites (yummy, but so not cute), we trekked into town to the grocery store, bought a pumpkin pie, a blueberry pie, and the makings for KShaf's precious green bean casserole. Sheesh.

Happy Turkey Day! We're off to C-town!

No comments:

Post a Comment