Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

April 16, 2013

Birthday Boy, Bubbles, and (Face)book

Sorry about the post title...I love alliteration!

The jury is still out on whether or not "The Fours" are as awful (if not worse) than "The Terrible Twos." I know that birthdays can be anticlimactic, but sheesh! Deedle has been in a rough mood these past few days, particularly tonight. A 6:45 bedtime is starting to look really good...

On Friday, the kids' daycare was closed for a family emergency, so I let them play hooky with me. Deedle spent a surprising amount of time, practicing his writing and drawing. He is really working hard to perfect his pencil grip!

He desperately wanted to draw a picture of McKinley, so I drew one and he copied it. Nothing would do but that he draw McKinley's dog bed and favorite blue ball, too.

Does anyone else out there do the Primary Talent Development units? Our county implemented them a few years ago, and while at first, I detested them (they can be very messy!), now, I actually look forward to teaching them. The lessons are designed to be "hands-on," and the kids get so excited about them. It's also really intriguing to observe the students for "resourceful and persevering" behaviors; the ones that you wouldn't expect usually keep trying until they get it just the way they want it!

In this lesson, the students were asked to blow and pop bubbles. Then, they had to measure the diameter of their bubbles, using standard and nonstandard measurement tools.

This little one had a hard time getting started, but once she figured it out, she was blowing bubbles left and right!

Check out the bubble inside the bubble!

In other news, I decided to get back on Facebook. I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. On one hand, I love being able to reconnect with my friends and family who live in other states. On the other hand, it's freaking addictive, and life is busy enough without being distracted by Facebook. We'll see how it works out.

1 comment:

  1. How fun to play with bubbles! I have never done that!! As for FB, I have a love/hate with it too... and I just started a FB page for my blog... so I am hoping to love it more than hate :)

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete