Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

July 24, 2017

Monday Made It {FREEBIE Alert!!}

We've been busy since we returned from our week in Pennsylvania! OK, that's a slight mistruth: we have been busy being L-A-Z-Y. And it has been fantastic!

While we have spent a lot of time at the community pool these past few weeks, I did take the kiddos to the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Historical Park in Cambridge, and it was incredible!
Sometimes, I forget that so much amazing history took place in my own backyard!
My kids worked hard while we were there to become Junior Rangers for the National Park Service. They loved every second of it!
If you're local {Marylander}, I strongly urge you to come and visit this amazing museum. I can't wait to take my students next year!

Our visit to the museum inspired me to download a few historical fiction books on the topic of the Underground Railroad {both of these books are carried in the museum's bookstore}:
I couldn't put this book down. It recently won the Pulitzer Prize, and I can see why!
This is the other book I bought. It is by the author who wrote The Girl With the Pearl Earring. It is written from the perspective of a Quaker who moves to Ohio from England. She is befriended by a milliner who helps to hide runaway slaves, but her brother is a slave hunter. It is powerful!

Even though I have been reading voraciously, I have, however, managed to tackle a few small projects for TPT and for my classroom.
I dragged the kids to Dollar Tree last week {that makes it sound like they went against their will, which is definitely NOT true...they LOVE Dollar Tree!}. We picked out all of the goodies for my students' birthday bags, and this afternoon, we put them together.
25 bags for $1.00?? Perfect!
I got all of these goodies for next to nothing!
I created these little passes to add to the bags, too. {I used to include Homework Passes. but I don't plan to assign formal homework this year} You can grab these freebies in my TPT store!
The finished product! Thankfully, Princess A loves helping me with school projects, and she helped me put these together.
I've also added few products to my TPT store lately. My favorite is my Transportation Tags and Display bundle, and it is only $2.50! Hopefully, it will help alleviate some anxiety during those first few days of school.


I was planning to create a desktop organizer for my laptop, using my new blog button, but I didn't like anything that I'd created. So, instead, I decided to customize my desktop icons, using Amy Groesbeck's incredibly easy tutorial. She's a GENIUS!
Cute, right???
So, that's what I've been up to! Time to go shuck some local sweet corn and slice up watermelon for dinner. Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment