Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

January 3, 2014

Five for Friday

It's been ages since I linked up with Doodle Bugs Five for Friday linky party...I'm so excited!


I'd like to say that I've been up to all kinds of exciting things this past week, but honestly, I've been doing a lot of reading and more than my share of hot chocolate drinking.

We spent a wonderful week in Pennsylvania, celebrating Christmas with KShaf's family. We even had a white Christmas!

Notice that both kids are wearing rain boots, not snow boots. It rained nonstop for the first weekend that we were there, but on Christmas Eve, the rain magically turned to snow.

We had a few days at home to recover from the long drive, and then on Sunday, we went to my parents' house to celebrate with my family.

Princess A got the entire Barbie: A Pony Tale line of toys (and the movie, of course!). Notice KShaf in the background, assembling Deedle's new train track. 

On New Year's Eve, I finally motivated to get a long overdue haircut. I started growing my hair long last year (partly for my hubby, but also, because I'd like to donate it when it gets long enough), and I've only gotten it trimmed a handful of times. My hair is crazy thick and super heavy, so I asked my new stylist to add some style to it (translation: long layers). 

I'm still getting used to having layers...I've never been a big fan of them, but I have to admit, my hair feels 30 pounds lighter! (Sidenote: KShaf hates these glasses, but I am so in love with them, I wear them almost every day! Thoughts? Opinions?)

We had made plans for New Year's Eve months in advance, but the day before NYE, our plans fell through. So, at the last minute, we decided to go here for dinner with the kiddos.

I had a ridiculously good filet with grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes (and a glass of amazing Cabernet Sauvignon), and KShaf had the prime rib. Our kids don't like typical kids' menu food (chicken tenders, mac and cheese, pizza, etc.), so they shared with us. They love a good steak! We came home, watched Up!, and we were all in bed by 10:00. Now, that's the way to spend New Year's Eve!

On New Year's Day, the kids and I met up with a friend and her twins for coffee at my favorite coffee place in town. 

Hot chocolate and a banana-blueberry muffin for the kidlets, and a Chai tea latte for me. Great way to kick off the new year!

Today, we have a legitimate snow day: we got about six inches of snow, here on the Eastern Shore! They made the call last night, so we all got to "sleep in" this morning (I use that term loosely, since my kids don't typically sleep past 6:00!). Unfortunately, it was also incredibly cold and windy, and the kids couldn't spend much time outside, playing in the snow. But, they managed about ten minutes before they insisted coming inside for PJs and hot chocolate.

Yes, Deedle is drinking his hot chocolate in his Titanic mug that Gram and Pop Pop gave him for Christmas.

Off to finish dinner (Chicken, Rice, and Cheddar Soup and Corn and Cheddar Muffins...thanks, Iowa Girl Eats!)...enjoy your weekend, and be sure to go link up!

1 comment:

  1. I like the glasses! I need to get some long layers in my hair. I'm growing mine out too and mine gets heavy. I have one large curl in the back...weirdest thing ever since the rest of my hair is stick straight. Boggles my mind. Looks like you had a fabulous break! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete