Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

March 2, 2013

Five for Friday (Saturday Edition)

I do love Doodle Bugs' Five for Friday linky party! Here are five random things from my week.

1. We celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday yesterday in my classroom. I planned a day's worth of language arts and math rotations for my kids to enjoy, but I was out all afternoon for professional development! Bummer. While I was there, however, I was able to snap a pic of my kiddos playing Tricky Word Bingo.


My favorite part of Dr. Seuss' birthday was reading Oh, the Places You'll Go! to Princess A's Pre-K class. Princess A had a goofy little smile on her face the whole time; I hope she'll have good memories of me visiting her classroom (I know I certainly will!).

2. This morning, Deedle complained that his belly hurt. Assuming that he was just hungry, we made our weekly trek here to have breakfast (they have the most amazing coconut cake I have ever had in my life!). Deedle picked at his food, but he seemed to be feeling better. My parents stopped by the drop off a stuffed animal that my mom had fixed for Princess A, and while they were here, Deedle said that he felt like he was going to throw up (my parents hightailed it out of here...they both just got over the crud and didn't want to risk getting it again). He didn't, but he did settle down for a two-hour nap (very uncharacteristic these days). Fifteen minutes after he woke up, he got sick. Afterward, I settled him onto the couch with a pillow and blanket and took these pics:

 This is his "I-feel-like-crap-but-I'm-going-to-slap-on-this-cheesy-smile-anyway" face.

This is his "I'm-so-so-sick" face.

3. A few minutes ago, I heard Princess A cry, "Mama! It's snowing! It's really snowing!" I glanced out the window, and it was, indeed, snowing (OK, fine, it was flurrying). 

Clearly, it wasn't snowing enough for the camera to even pick it up!

4. For the next two weeks, we'll be administering the MSA at our school (oh, how everyone loves standardized testing!). None of the primary teachers will be proctoring this year, but our schedules will definitely be affected. SpurDog and I spent the other morning, trying to create a schedule for our kiddos for the next two weeks. It was like putting a jigsaw puzzle together!


5. I know that I mentioned the Walk for Babies in my last post, but I am going to make another shameless plug. If you're able to make a donation (in any amount), I will send you any item of your choice from my TPT store, FREE!! Just click on the picture below to visit my personal fundraising page. 


Have a great weekend, and don't forget to link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment