So, here we go.
1. I stumbled upon this fabulous setup the other morning. Who wouldn't want to be invited to this pirate/princess tea party? (Please ignore the mayhem in the background. The kids have developed the habit of getting out every single toy that they own when they play, and the clutter/chaos is driving me bananas!)
2. We introduced the concept of bridge to ten in math last week. For a lot of kids, this seems to be a really tricky concept. To get them thinking about making sets of ten, we presented them with the following problem on the Smart Board:
The kiddos could use any of the manipulatives in the basket on their table (colored chips, hundreds chart, Unifix cubes, etc.) to help them find as many solutions to the problem as possible. I had them use their cooperative learning roles, and I was so impressed by how quietly and diligently they worked!
3. Princess A's Pre K teacher sent home an umbrella pattern for each child to decorate for a class bulletin board display. The teacher in me had a million cutesy ideas for how Princess A could fancy up her umbrella, but the parent in me had to let go and let Princess A do it her way.
Pigs, glitter, and foam stars...oh, my!
4. Princess A hates (and I mean, really, really hates) to brush her hair after her bath. So, for weeks, KShaf and I have been threatening to cut her hair if she doesn't stop making such a scene at bed time. She called our bluff.
5. A few weeks ago, we noticed that "someone" had been slowly chipping the paint on Deedle's bedroom wall. Nothing seemed to deter Deedle from picking at the paint. Then, I went to make his bed the other morning, and I found this:
So, at 5:30 in the morning, I single-handedly rearranged the furniture in Deedle's room, so he wouldn't be able to pick at the wall anymore. When I called KShaf in to see my handiwork, he said, "You don't hide the problem. You fix the problem." Thanks, Confucius. I, for one, am not going to bother fixing the problem until I'm good and doggone sure that the boy child can't reach the wall to pick the paint anymore!
That was my week in a nutshell. Hopefully, I'll have more time to share this week, now that things have settled down a bit. Have a great week, and don't forget to link up (better late than never!)!