Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

March 16, 2013

Top O' The Mornin' To Ye!

I don't know what got into me, but I took St. Patrick's Day to an extreme this year! I don't usually enjoy messy, crafty, involved projects, but since I am through with my formal observations for the year, I decided to have a little fun.

Femster and I had way too much fun, painting leprechaun footprints all over SpurDog's classroom.

When the kiddos came in on Friday morning, they found that the leprechaun had left footprints in the classroom, along with gold glitter and green cupcakes! I must have been feeling crazy nice because I let them eat their cupcakes at nine o'clock in the morning.

In Language Arts, we learned a little bit about the history of St. Patrick's Day, followed by St. Patrick's Day rotations. I got all of the activities for free from Mel's Find the Gold Blog Hop.

The kidlets are playing Lucky Shamrock Digraph Hunt. Super cute, plus it provided them with some much needed digraph practice!

This little one's shirt cracked me up!

My guys had a blast with Teach With Laughter's I Spy St. Patrick's Day Words! The magnifying glasses were a huge hit.

The best part of the day was our Leapin' Leprechauns writing lesson. I used Mary's writing craftivity as the basis for the lesson, but I created my own Smart Board lesson, brainstorming paper, and graphic organizer. Head over to Google Docs to grab your own copy!

The leprechauns were so adorable when they were finished, and I was really impressed by the kids' writing! I have some great writers in my class this year.

On an unrelated note, Princess A and Deedle begged to make a fire last night in our fire pit in the backyard, so after dinner, we all bundled up and sat around the fire as the sun set. We had such a good time! As Princess A noted, the only thing that could have made the evening even better was marshmallows.


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You changed your blog design. I like! I think I'm up for a change too.

    Learning With Susie Q

    susieqsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete