I'm always a little late linking up with Doodle Bugs' Five for Friday. I just can't seem to accomplish much of anything on a Friday evening! To be fair, I did have an excuse this past Friday. My friend, Kelly, had a fundraiser at our local Chili's to support her March of Dimes team, Trevor's Angel Walkers. There was a great turnout, and Kelly has already surpassed her $1,000 fundraising goal!
1. We read Me on the Map in Language Arts this past week. I had seen some really cute projects to accompany the book, floating around on Pinterest. I pooled some ideas together and created this:
A little crooked, but you get the point.
The kids had a blast, and the project really helped them understand their place in the world.
2. Our fifth grade friends came to visit us on Friday afternoon, and they helped us make these adorable bunny cups!
My little guys really enjoy the time that they get to spend with their "big kid" friends in fifth grade.
3. My dad, Deedle, and I drove to Hartley, Delaware yesterday to take in a train and toy show at the local fire hall. Deedle was in model train heaven!
He could have stood and watched the model trains for hours...he was mesmerized!
The trains that made "smoke" and noises were a big hit with Deedle.
Pop Pop is thrilled that Deedle enjoys trains just as much as he does! I adore this picture.
4. Is this really the forecast for tomorrow?
What the heck, groundhog? You lied to us!
5. I am so excited to make this craftivity with my firsties this week!
Thanks, Teri, at A Cupcake for the Teacher!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!