Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

March 30, 2013

Five for Friday (Only a Day Late This Time!)

Woot woot! I'm only a day behind this week! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday linky party (Spring Break edition).

  

1. Know what true love is? It's when your husband downloads "Les Miserables" for you...and then watches it with you! Sweetest. Man. Ever.


I know there have been mixed reviews, but personally, I loved the movie. The cinematography was nuts, and the singing wasn't half bad, either (not a huge fan of Russell Crowe as Javert, but he was definitely intimidating!). 

2. Every year, our PTO gives each teacher a generous amount of money to spend on classroom enhancements. Before I left for Spring Break, our school manager told me that I still had $75 to spend. I bought some great products on TPT, including this adorable polka dot classroom decor set:

Thank you, First Class Teacher Resources! Now, my room will be even more matchy-matchy than it was before!

3. Is it odd that my three year-old's favorite song is "We Are Young," by Fun? 

That boy loves to sing! You should hear him rock out to Adele.

4. Speaking of Deedle, his fourth (seriously???) birthday is coming up next month. I've been wracking my brain, trying to figure out what to do for his party. I always stress way too much over the kids' birthdays, and it all ends up being very anti-climactic. So, KShaf and I decided to have his birthday party at the local park with some Jojo's cupcakes, a few balloons, and lots of fun! I made some cute and simple invitations for him to give out to his friends, as well as gift tags to attach to his goody bags. What do you think?

5. We took the kids to the Strand in Oxford today for the first time this season. They had a blast, throwing rocks and oyster shells into the water and digging in the sand. Even McKinley had fun (although, he would have been much happier if KShaf had let him off his leash!). 

I love the silver sparkle boots paired with a light windbreaker. What an ensemble!

I'm off to whip up a strawberry cheesecake for Easter dinner tomorrow (Deedle has decided that he is a huge fan of cheesecake...that kid has expensive taste in food!). I'll be back later this weekend with pics of the kids' Easter egg hunt with Gram, Pop-Pop, and the rest of the fam.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I can't wait to down some of that strawberry cheesecake with a glass of wine. Or two. :-) The sparkle boots do rock, by the way.

    ReplyDelete