Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

January 26, 2013

Whack-A-Mole

Odd blog title, I know.

In preparing to be out of the building yesterday for a professional development meeting (that's where I was supposed to be, at least), I created a game of Whack-a-Mole for the sub to play with my students during Science. Even though I created it with the Houghton Mifflin first grade Science series in mind, it could be used to review natural resources with any grade, first through fifth. Click on any of the pictures below to head over to my TPT sto grab it!




Like I mentioned, I was scheduled to be at a meeting all day yesterday, but Deedle woke up acting funky. On a hunch, I took his temperature, and sure enough, he was running a fever (he was also complaining about his "mouth" hurting; it took me a little while to figure out that he was talking about his throat). So, I took Princess A to school, brought Deedle back home, and the two of us hunkered down under the comforter and napped for the next two hours. Right before we were supposed to pick Princess A up from school, D announced that he was going to throw up (thankfully, he made it to the toilet in the nick of time!). I took him to the doctor, and after looking in Deedle's mouth, Dr. C deduced that it was a virus, not strep (which I suspected). No sooner did we make it home than I noticed a suspicious rash all over his little legs. I was pretty confident that it was scarletina, so I called the doc right back (yes, I am that crazy parent). He told me to keep an eye on it, which I did, and by this morning, Deedle's fever was back up and the rash had spread. So, we headed back to the doc, he did a strep test, and it came back positive right away. Just goes to show...mother's instinct is usually spot-on!

No comments:

Post a Comment