Tired people shouldn't blog. More importantly, tired people shouldn't attempt to link up with other blogs. I totally screwed up my link to Doodle Bugs linky party, so I apologize in advance if anyone got the run-around!
I love Doodle Bugs Five for Friday linky party...always a good time!
1. I have had a red-letter week when it comes to cooking. My week began when I won rave reviews from the fam for the Pistachio-Crusted Quick Greek Chicken, and it ended this evening with a very successful Southwestern Chicken and Rice Skillet. Yum!
2. My kiddos at school have been all about writing this week. I am constantly impressed by what they are able to turn out. Today, I gave them the opportunity to share the writing that they have been working on for the past two days. I realized that I needed an "Author's Chair" sign for my rocking chair if I'm going to continue to give my firsties the chance to read their writing aloud, so I created this:
Click on the pic above to grab your own copy from Google Docs!
Clearly, I am currently obsessed with red polka dots.
3. My new pair of sunglasses arrived in the mail from Zenni Optical. I can't decide if I love them, or if they look a little too much like the glasses that older people wear after cataract surgery. Either way, for a whopping $16, I can't go wrong!
4. I took Jennifer's advice over at First Grade Blue Skies, and I organized my fonts on Monday (while I should have been planning for the week...oops!). So helpful!
This is only one page...there are more, believe me!
5. Thursday was Jumprope for Heart at our school. I had to get in on the jumproping fun. Sadly, SpurDog's camera wouldn't take quality action shots, though, so I had to pose for a few, like the one below:
I am such an athlete. Can't you tell?
I look like a top-heavy flamingo. But, hey, I had fun!
That's my crazy week! Thankfully, my week just came to a close with a big, sloppy kiss on the cheek from my littlest guy and an "I love you, Mama." Can't ask for much more...