Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

February 1, 2013

Snow Day Fun Graphing

It's snowing in Maryland...again! When I went to bed last night, they were predicting "snow flurries and snow showers." By the time I woke up around 5 this morning (yes, my children wake up at an ungodly hour), we had a Winter Weather Advisory, and they were calling for 2-4 inches! It is coming down like crazy right now, and the kids begged me to go out and play in it. Princess A lasted about five minutes (she is now snuggled up on the couch under a big blanket). Deedle is still outside, pushing his fire rescue truck through the snow. As soon as he wanders inside, we'll make hot chocolate. I love snow days!

I love the expression on Princess A's face in this pic.

Deedle loves that doggone helicopter. He sleeps with it every night!

Notice that Princess A and Deedle are wearing our shoes. 
When I asked them what they were doing, Deedle replied, "We're playing 'Mommy and Daddy!'"
Obviously!

It's kind of ironic that we got this unexpected snow today. Yesterday, in Math, we were creating snowy day fun bar graphs.



We spent the day before, learning how to construct a bar graph:

1. Think of a question that you would like to have answered.
2. Survey your friends. Gather your data, using a tally chart.
3. Construct your bar graph.
4. Interpret your data.

Check out my lean, mean, graphing machines!

They were really into this activity!

I'm off to pack a bag and rustle up Deedle's sleeping bag; we are headed to Ctown this afternoon for a sleepover with my sister and niece!

No comments:

Post a Comment