Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

February 6, 2013

Just Call Me Oscar

...the Grouch. I have been a beast this week. I don't know what has gotten into me. I mean, the Ravens won the Super Bowl. KShaf is home from Pennsylvania. Both kids are healthy. My house is somewhat tidy. Taxes are done. Bills are paid. So, what gives? I think I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed at work right now. We had a snow day last Friday, and I feel like I've been playing catch-up since; I just can't seem to get ahead of the pile of work that I have to get done each day. Plus, report cards went home on Monday, and parents have been calling and emailing like crazy to arrange conferences (mostly just to "check in"). Add to that 100th Day of School on Friday and Valentine's Day next week, and I feel like a hamster on a wheel! Arrrrrgh! Presidents' Day will be a welcome break.

Princess A sat down last night to address her valentines. Let me tell you, addressing 21 valentines (with minimal room to write!) can be a bit of a challenge for a 5 year-old who likes everything to be "just so!" Nonetheless, she persevered, and her valentines turned out great!

I love the raised eyebrows in this pic.

This morning, Princess A was drawing a picture of a snowman, which she proudly shared with Deedle and me. Nothing would do but that Deedle draw a snowman, too. How flippin' cute are these??

Obviously, Deedle's is on the left. I helped with the hat and mittens, but the rest of the (kind of ghoulish) creation is all Deedle's!

I've had my nightly cup of decaf Chai tea, so it's off to bed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment