Home About Me Products Freebies Image Map

December 19, 2012

Holiday Extravaganza

Yesterday was the last day of school in 2012. Hard to believe! KShaf and I went to the kidlets' holiday parties, and I was struck by how lucky I am, considering the recent events in Connecticut, to have the chance to listen to my babies sing holiday songs and celebrate with their friends. I'll be the first to admit that I teared up as I listened to twenty-one 4 and 5 year-old children sing "This Little Light of Mine." My little angel is third from the left in the front row. She was positively petrified to sing in front of people; she spent the entire performance, looking at her BFF, and she rarely looked out at the audience. I can relate; I get awful stage fright, too.
Princess A and her Pre-K friends
Deedle making a Kwanzaa kinara
Princess A and her BFF (love the matching pigtails!)



My own party at school was complete holiday chaos. I think I had more parents than children in my classroom! Everyone seemed to have a great time, and I'm sure that there were lots of little first graders who crashed hard and slept well last night!

Today, we are wrapping up some odds and ends in preparation for traveling. KShaf is at Walmart right now, picking up rubber boots for the kids (for horseback riding and cold weather hikes in the Pennnsylvania woods), Christmas gifts for the kiddos, and a battery for the truck. The kids and I are all going to get our holiday haircuts this afternoon; I don't think Princess A or I have gotten a haircut since August! This afternoon, Gram and Pop Pop are coming by to pick up Kin (our pup dog); they are kind enough to watch him while we are in Pennsylvania (Kin and Aunt A's beautiful house are not a good mix!).

I'll be sure to update regularly over the holidays. I am planning to get a lot done for TPT...I am eager to add some things to my store!

No comments:

Post a Comment