1. I had to leave early last Friday to take Princess A to get her vaccinations for Kindergarten. Before I left, however, I realized in a panic that I hadn't planned any kind of Mother's Day craft (how in the world did that slip my mind??). Teachers Pay Teachers, to the rescue! I downloaded Dawn Gray's Mother's Day card freebie, and they turned out really cute!
2. I mentioned in passing last week that I really love Indian food. One of my students is from India, and he told me that he does most of the cooking at his house (!!!!) and that he'd like to bring me lunch one day. I told him how sweet that was, but I honestly didn't think about it again...until the next morning, when the same little guy brought me a lunch box that he had packed with a delicious Indian lunch!
Lunch was amazing! I ate every bite!
3. For Mother's Day, my very kind and thoughtful husband bought a half bushel of local steamed crabs, and we invited my parents down to enjoy them with us.
Princess A, picking her own crabs (for the first time!).
My boy can tear up some watermelon.
4. I am officially obsessed with Etsy. Last year, I bought my kiddos' teachers' end-of-year gifts from Etsy, and I've done the same thing this year.
I bought this adorable ornament for Deedle's teacher's assistant.
If you like it, visit Cookie Dough Creations on Etsy. Kathy, the seller, is prompt, creative, and excellent to work with!
I bought this beautiful necklace for myself (I know, I'm shameless!) for Mother's Day with Princess A's and Deedle's initials. It is gorgeous!
Visit The R House Couture to see more handstamped silver jewelry!
5. I just found out that I have waaaaaay more money in my account at school than I expected, so I've been hitting Teachers Pay Teachers like crazy! I downloaded Houghton Mifflin Themes 1-9 Resource Packs from Shining and Sparkling in First, and they are amazing!!
I hope you're having a great weekend! It's rainy and gloomy here in Maryland, so Princess A just proclaimed that it is Pajama Day; both kids are in their PJs, and they are snuggled up on the couch, watching "The Magic Schoolbus."